3.9.09

First Post Ever...


OK, so I've attempted blogging about a thousand times but I really want to do something that's going to stick, and that people are going to READ!  Along with a lot of other people...I was re-inspired to blog by the movie Julie & Julia...very good - I highly recommend it.

Instead of cooking (because I'm horrible at it and I don't even want to try to be good) I'm going to be blogging about my adventures at cosmetology school!  I'm starting on September 8th, I've wanted to go for years but I just haven't had the perfect chance.  I don't know if it's "perfect" timing right now...but I'm doing it anyway.

I've got about $5,000 worth of debt, no money, no job, I'm pretty much a failure at life.  But once I'm done with school, I wont be!  That's my goal - in one year I want to be so much more ahead in life than I am right now.  Hopefully this blog will help me, and others, look back and see how different I am!

But don't worry, all you readers out there, I'm going to add exciting things on here too.  For instance, my roommate, and very good friend, Josie sent me this link today that I would like to share with all of you.

http://imgur.com/ORogZ.jpg

I can't figure out how to paste pictures in the middle of a post yet...but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.  If anyone knows how, let me know!

But isn't that hilarious?  I mean...sad...very sad, but soooo funny.  I DO feel bad for the guy though.

OMG.  I just looked at Facebook, where I announced my upcoming blog, and I already have TWO friends that are excited about it!  Steve Elsey, Kris Johnson, you both just made my day :) Thank You!!!!

I'm in Denver right now, and last night we literally had an earthquake.  It was the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me.  I was just sitting on the computer...downloading some music...and all of a sudden the entire desk started to shake!  Then my mom yelled from her bedroom asking me if I felt that and I freaked out and ran into her bed with her...it was the most bizarre thing I've ever felt in my life.  Then about ten minutes later it happened again.  I've never been through an earthquake before, but now I can say I have :)

I just looked to see if the news reported an earthquake last night...but they didn't.  You don't have to believe me if you don't want to.

Well - I think this will be it for my first post.  I've done enough rambling for one day.  You all need to keep me motivated to keep this thing going!  I want to make it as interesting as possible and I totally would appreciate feedback.  Remember - mainly stories from school - but I want to make it entertaining too.

One more thing - look up the band Owl City and The XX.

3 comments:

  1. Lovin' it! Welcome back to the blogging world. Sadly, Steve burned me an Owl City cd like a month ago but I haven't listened to it yet. I'll get to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be following you cous!!! Good Luck!! Love you ~ Alli

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have just inspired me babe. Here comes my first blog ever!! I love this song btw. hahaha I love YOU more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete