5.9.09

Ahhh....Saturday

Aren't Saturdays fantastic?!  Especially when it's in the low 80's and mostly sunny and you're about ready to go lay out by the pool with your mom and read a magazine :)

Last night we ate at Buca's and it was so delicious.  I should only eat there once a year or else I'll be obese in about a month.  It was so fun though, the three of us girls :)  I love girl weekends.  I think my mom and grandma need to vow to do this at LEAST once a year.  It's just so much fun!

This morning we went out to breakfast at this cute little restaurant here in Aurora called Le Peeps.  I had french toast of course...mmmmmmmm.

After that we went to the grocery store...I ended up riding around in the electric scooter because my knee is starting to swell up again.  I think my steroids are wearing off and now it's flaring up.  Yay.  On Tuesday Josie and I are going to have a "Dianna is Finally Insured" party at our apartment.  If you're reading this blog and you live in the vicinity you are more than welcome to come on over!  I think my dad and my step-mom, Cheryl will be there so that will be nice to have them there :)

If you haven't heard...I've been having TONS of health problems the past month or so.  First I was having some digestive problems, so my uncle had me take a certain amount of pepto every day...that was awful.  Then a few days later my eyeball swelled up, most disgusting/scary thing I've ever seen in my life.  It wasn't only this skin around my eye - it was the actual eyeBALL.  The white part had swelled out past my iris and pupil and I was freaking out, it hurt so bad.  So I went into the doctor and he gave me some steroid eye drops and then prescribed me some steroids as well (Prednisone - it made me a little chubby).  A few days after that my entire knee swelled up and hurt so bad that I couldn't move it or walk on it.  So it was BACK to the doctor for me that night and they had to drain the fluid around my knee and put me on crutches and pain killers.

Now I've been done with my steroids for a week or two and my knee is starting to swell up again.  Lovely.  I'm just hoping I last until Tuesday before I go back to the doctor because then I'll be insured and I wont have to pay an arm and a leg to get help.  I'm just going to have them take an x-ray of my entire body to figure out what the heck is wrong with me!!! 

Enough complaining from me...I know I'll be fine...as long as I'm not dying anyways :)

Welp - I think it's time I head off to the pool!!  Sounds like a peaceful thing for me to do.  But before I go, I'd like to share some totally random and pointless facts with you that I learned today.

1)  A group of jellyfish is called a "smack".
2)  Charles Dickens would touch objects three times for good luck.
3)  The life span of a taste bud is about 10 days.  (That's the one I found to be the most interesting)
4)  A large river hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a four-foot child.  That means it can open it's mouth 4 feet wide.......

5 comments:

  1. Ugh that doesn't sound fun. Steve's going through a bunch of health stuff too and he's on prednisone too and he hates it. I hope you get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh babe :( I'm so sorry it's coming back..... crapola. I'll take all your pepto for you. But seriously, that sucks. I have a feeling you won't need to go in til Tuesday. I wish I could come to your party. I'd bring you a cheeseburger to celebrate. Because if your cholesterol flares up and you have a heart attack now the drs will help you. ha. i miss you. I'll be in maniller this wknd so my texts will be iffy (crap i havent texted you back from what your gma said today... hahahahahaha) but I'll have my new laptop with me so we can keep in touch! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! timesinfinity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've had so many health problems! That's no fun!

    Le Peep advertises with my father in law!!! Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. taste buds regenerate/slash/expire? (i had to write the slash in there just for effect).

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOHHHH, and d, try some sort of fiber supplement for your digestive problems. ever since my mission i've had every digestive problem diagnosable. metamucil isn't the best, but benefiber rocks my socks off. i hope you're okay!! stress can do a number on your body. take care of yourself!! do some yoga!!!

    ReplyDelete