4.9.09

In-N-Out Burger. What's the big deal?

So.  The state of Utah is getting two new locations of In-N-Out Burger I believe.  Everyone is just SO excited about it!  People update their Facebook statuses over it, and talk about it all the time, and just wont shut up about it.  I've thought about it and wondered WHY is it such a big deal to people?  People don't freak out when a new Wendy's or McDonald's is built...is it just becaue In-N-Out is unique? 

I've done a little bit of research on the matter.  I read up on the history of In-N-Out Burger on their website.  There are two main reasons I've found that I think make In-N-Out Burger so different from any other fast food restaurant.  They were the first to do the intercom type thing in the drive through.  Everywhere else had the workers come out to the car to take the order and take it back into the building.  So that was a pretty big deal back then.  Another thing I found out was that it's still family owned.  Meaning they don't have any franchises, but they do have 20 restaurants, mostly in the California area.

So, I'll admit, there are a few reasons why In-N-Out Burger is a little bit neater than the average fast food restaurant.  I've eaten there, it was a neat experience, I'm not THRILLED about the new restaurants coming to Utah, but now I do have a better understanding of why it's special.

Maybe I'll buy a t-shirt to show my support.

2 comments:

  1. My cousin is super excited about it. I've never eaten there so I really can't say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused now. You said why is it such a big deal? Then gave us some reason on why it's sweet. Then said but its still not THAT big of a deal. THEN said you'd buy a t-shirt to support how cool it is? You crack me up d! :) ps i like them. if we got one in Iowa, it would totally be a big deal - mostly cause it's something NEW which doesn't happen often out here. But then, you know that! haha

    ReplyDelete